Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Photo Highlights

Here are some of the photo highlights from our trip to VA. Most of these are from Colonial Williamsburg.




This is in the entryway of the governors palace. There are well over a hundred arms in the entryway alone. There were several different kinds of swords done in different cross-over designs hanging on the wall.



This is at the spinner/ weaver/ dyers in CW. This woman was so much fun to listen to ! I learned a lot about the different colors, and the dyes used to get them. What color you wore would have been a sign of rank because some colors were much more expensive then others. She told us that purples fade within 2 years or so, dark blue was very expensive and how most of the dyes from that time came from South America. If you ever visit CW this shop is a must see !



This is my dream house ! Isn't it lovely ? The red shutters are just so pretty. :)
It's on a corner and there is a lamp post and a little stream in the side yard.
Every time I saw it I would take another picture :D





This was a well dressed couple we saw in front of the capitol. They were practicing for Revolutionary city. The mans coat was green to gold changeable silk, with gold braid and sparkly buttons. You could see him from quite a ways off ! lol



Myself posing on the back of the carriage. Funny story with this picture. I sat on the little seat/ bar they have for the footman to stand on. I sat down and took my feet off the ground right as the horses took a few steps backwards. It scared me so bad ! Tiffany and Katelyn were laughing so hard. We didn't even get a picture and I had to get on it again. :P



Katelyn managing to not fall off while getting her picture taken. :D



Snow around the glass covers in the garden in Colonial Williamsburg.



James B., Natalie and I posing with Mr. Jefferson. :)




This was in one of the gift shops and I thought it was just to funny !

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, nothing like A bunch of swords in the entryway of your home to say
    "Welcome, come on in. No really, it's ok."

    ReplyDelete