Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Home ! Wb Prt5

Here are some assorted thoughts to wrap up my vacation posts. :)
I will hopefully have pictures up in the next few days or so.


Monday was the scavenger hunt. I was a team leader again this week and this time we had a little more say so as to who was on our team. I was able to get Zack H. on my team so it was fun having someone on my team. Last week I didn't really enjoy the hunt very much, so I was a little discouraged as I started this time. I was not very enthusiastic but we ended up coming in 2nd place! I ended with 50 points and the winning team had 56. The next highest team had somewhere in the 30's.

We got to see people practicing for Rev. city too. One was a show I had seen last year where a man in the tavern is speaking against the king. The other on I saw was about the governor but I didn't see all of it.

After the scavenger hunt Tiffany, Nick, Jonathan, Brianna, Katie and I went to a restaurant that the Tooley's had told us about. It was called Trellis and it's down in Merchant square. We sat outside and ordered deserts. Tiffany, Katie and Jonathan all got " Death by Chocolate" The dessert that the chef is famous for. Nick and I got "Diamonds over ice" and Brianna got some yummy looking strawberries. The waitress wrapped Katie and Tiffany's leftovers in the shape of a foil swan.
After dessert we did a bit more shopping and then we all squished into Jonathan's car to go back to the resort. Much later that night the above mentioned people and Josh, Kelly, Becca, and I all went for a walk before bedtime. a few of theme were leaving in the morning so we all had a lot to talk about. I think we walked about 10 miles that night! The air was cool and it was just perfect walking weather ! :) I told be self that I am going to have to keep that habit up now that I am home, it was such good exersize and I don;t want to lose all of that stamina that I built up!
;-)

While we were in WB we watched LOST a few times. :) The Hebert's and the Reynolds just happened to be at the exact same place in season 4 so we went up to the activities building and watched it on the big screen a few times. That was really fun for Katie and I because we have seen further ahead then they have. It was so fun to hear their predictions while we know what is going to happen next. Some of the Boulden's got hooked on it as well, just a few episodes and they were hooked! ;-)

Tuesday morning I woke up with a very sore throat and a headache. We had planned to go to a Cat & Dog theology class taught by Bob S. I decided to go and I was glad I did! The message was very interesting but I will share more on that later.
During the half break I decided I was feeling to bad to stay so I went home to get some hot tea and medicine. After doing that and an hour or so of rest I was feeling a lot better. ( at least I wasn't going to let it keep me down on my last day!)
Tiffany Katie and I went to Newtown to do some shopping. I really enjoyed walking around the nicer shops and the whole town square atmosphere. After that I had them drop me of and the Condo so I could pack and take it easy before the dance at the NewPort House. We learned several new dances, one of my new favorites being " Passing fancy" We have now nick-named this dance " fancy Pants" although I forget why we called it that know.:P I can't wait for our group here to learn it! Another fun one we did was " The President" after we left the Newport House and came home I started making the rounds to say good bye to every one. We will be seeing the Reynolds again in June fortunately, and I was trying to talk Kelly into coming with them. :D After the good byes came the now traditional Before-bedtime-walk , although this one was shorter with only one loop around the lake. ;-)
We then came back to the condo and used the hot tub for the first time since we had been there. It was a great relaxing way to end the day.


We were up (semi) early the next morning and left at about 8:30. we made it to the airport in good time and began our trip home. The Richmond airport was very slow but the Atlanta airport was very busy! Katie and I had Lunch at Moe's grill and then waited for our connecting flight. This was our first time to really fly and we liked the experience. Take off is probably the best part of the whole flight unless you want to count the amazing view of the clouds. :)

It was in the 70's when we left Richmond and even warmer in Atlanta. When we got to DFW it was dark raining and oh so cold ! lol, but rain or not we are glad to be home :D

1 comment:

  1. LOL i laugh everytime i see that yall watched Lost! im slightly fearful that youre all going to try to get our family hooked as well though....o.O haha

    im so glad your home and that you had such a lovely time...and i cant wait to learn 'fancy pants' ;)

    ReplyDelete