Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How does your garden grow ?

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.

I have no clue what made me think of that, but I started saying that old rhyme as I was taking these pictures :)

I am getting excited thinking of all the recipes and food I will be able to make and store up. Being as I have over 20 tomato plants I will hopefully be making a lot of pasta sauce, Salsa, and stewed tomatoes for adding to recipes later.
If you have any recipes that use a lot of tomato I would love it if you would share! ;-)


These are yellow zucchini. I am really liking the way the plant looks. It's kinda got a white variegated pattern on the leaf.




Tomatoes


These are squash plants the mom bought and then gave to me.


Lemon Basil and marigolds to help keep out the bugs.



This is one of the red sunflowers. am still just thrilled to see what the blooms will look like.



Squash. As you can tell weeds don't really bother me all that much :)


Cucumbers. I just added the trellis thing for them to climb on today so they aren't looking their best in this picture.



More surprise sprout-lings ! I found them growing the the side of our yard. They are either watermelons or bird nest gourds. I am hoping for watermelons, we had gourds grow in our yard freewill several years ago and they took over a huge part of the yard. One good thing about them though is they would get the loveliest white blooms the size of your hand that would only bloom while it was dark. Big night hawk moths were all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. oh wonderous! your plants are growing most beautifully Torie ^.^! im sure they will be perfectly scrumtious :)

    ReplyDelete