Saturday, December 13, 2008

Banana Split cake Recipe


Here is a favorite family recipe I thought I would share :-)

1 box vanilla wafers
1 stick butter
16 oz. Cream Cheese
1 can of Pineapple
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub of Cool-whip
about 4 Bananas
2 Pints strawberry's
optional :
1/2 cup Pecans broken up
I like to toast them but that is up to you.

Melt the butter and mix with crushed vanilla wafers. Spread on bottom of 13 X 9 pan.
Whip together cream cheese, powdered sugar and juice from pineapples.
Spread on top of Vanilla wafers. Spread crushed pineapple on top of cream cheese. Top with sliced bananas and cool-whip. On top of that slice strawberry's. Sprinkle pecans on top.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
I like to drizzle Hersey's chocolate syrup on top of each portion , and cherries are wonderful in this when they are in season.

3 comments:

  1. and it is SO scrumptious too! yum! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Torie!!! That looks delicious :) Is that sitting on your table right now? If so, I will be RIGHT OVER!!! :D LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! No, Crystal sadly it's not :-(.... we will have to make it next time you are over.

    ReplyDelete